§ 103-2. Method of take when hunting on Sunday.
(a) Any landowner or member of the landowner's family, or any person with written permission from the landowner, may hunt with the use of firearms on Sunday on the landowner's property, except that all of the following limitations apply:
(1) Hunting on Sunday between 9:30 A.M. and 12:30 P.M. is prohibited, except on controlled hunting preserves licensed pursuant to G.S. 113-273(g).
(2) Hunting of migratory birds on Sunday is prohibited.
(3) The use of a firearm to take deer that are run or chased by dogs on Sunday is prohibited.
(4) Hunting on Sunday within 500 yards of a place of worship or any accessory structure thereof, or within 500 yards of a residence not owned by the landowner, is prohibited.
(5) Hunting on Sunday in a county having a population greater than 700,000 people is prohibited.
(b) A person who hunts on Sunday in a manner prohibited under subsection (a) of this section shall be guilty of a Class 3 misdemeanor. Provided, that the provisions of this section are not applicable to military reservations, the jurisdiction of which is exclusively in the federal government, to field trials authorized by the Wildlife Resources Commission, or to actions taken in defense of a person's property. Wildlife protectors are granted authority to enforce the provisions of this section. (1868-9, c. 18, ss. 1, 2; Code, s. 3783; Rev., s. 3842; C.S., s. 3956; 1945, c. 1047; 1967, c. 1003; 1979, c. 830, s. 13; 1989, c. 642, s. 3; 1993, c. 539, s. 684; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c); 2015-144, s. 5(a).)