§ 115D-31.3. Institutional performance accountability.
(a) Implementation of Accountability Measures and Performance Standards. - The State Board of Community Colleges shall adopt and implement a system of accountability measures and performance standards for the Community College System. At least once every three years, the State Board of Community Colleges shall review, and revise if necessary, the accountability measures and performance standards to ensure that they are appropriate for use in recognition of successful institutional performance. If the State Board determines that accountability measures and performance standards must be revised following a review required by this subsection, the State Board shall report to the Joint Legislative Education Oversight Committee prior to the implementation of any proposed revisions.
(b) through (d) Repealed by Session Laws 2000-67, s. 9.7, effective July 1, 2000.
(e) Mandatory Performance Measures. - The State Board of Community Colleges shall evaluate each college on the following eight performance measures:
(1) Progress of basic skills students.
(2) Attainment of General Educational Development (GED) diplomas by students.
(3) Performance of students who transfer to a four-year institution.
(4) Success of developmental students in subsequent college-level English courses.
(5) Success of developmental students in subsequent college-level math courses.
(5a) Progress of first-year curriculum students.
(6) Repealed by Session Laws 2012-142, s. 8.5, effective July 1, 2012.
(7) Curriculum student retention and graduation.
(8) Repealed by Session Laws 2012-142, s. 8.5, effective July 1, 2012.
(9) Attainment of licensure and certifications by students.
The State Board may also evaluate each college on additional performance measures.
(f) Publication of Performance Ratings. - Each college shall publish its performance on the eight measures set out in subsection (e) of this section (i) annually in its electronic catalog or on the Internet and (ii) in its printed catalog each time the catalog is reprinted.
The Community Colleges System Office shall publish the performance of all colleges on all eight measures.
(g) Recognition of Successful Institutional Performance. - For the purpose of recognition of successful institutional performance, the State Board of Community Colleges shall evaluate each college on the eight performance measures set out in subsection (e) of this section. Subject to the availability of funds, the State Board may allocate funds among colleges based on the evaluation of each institution's performance, including at least the following components:
(1) Program quality evaluated by determining a college's rate of student success on each measure as compared to a systemwide performance baseline and goal.
(2) Program impact on student outcomes evaluated by the number of students succeeding on each measure.
(g1) Carryforward of Funds Allocated Based on Performance. - A college that receives funds under subsection (g) of this section may retain and carry forward an amount up to or equal to its performance-based funding allocation for that year into the next fiscal year.
(h) through (j) Repealed by Session Laws 2013-360, s. 10.5(a), effective July 1, 2013. (1999-237, s. 9.2(a); 2000-67, s. 9.7; 2001-186, s. 1; 2006-66, s. 8.9(a); 2007-230, s. 1; 2007-484, s. 29.5(a); 2007-527, s. 19; 2012-142, s. 8.5; 2013-360, s. 10.5(a).)