As used in this Part, unless the context clearly implies otherwise:
(1) "Commission" means the North Carolina Medical Care Commission.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Health and Human Services.
(3) "Health Care Facility" means a hospital, psychiatric facility; rehabilitation facility; long‑term care facility; home health agency; intermediate care facility for the mentally retarded; chemical dependency treatment facility; and ambulatory surgical facility.
(4) "Nursing pool" means any person, firm, corporation, partnership, or association engaged for hire in the business of providing or procuring temporary employment in health care facilities for nursing personnel, including nurses, nursing assistants, nurses aides, and orderlies. "Nursing pool" does not include an individual who engages solely in providing his own services on a temporary basis to health care facilities.
(5) "Trauma" means acute physical injury to the human body that is judged, by the use of standardized field triage criteria (anatomic, physiologic, or mechanism of injury), to create a significant risk of mortality or major morbidity. (1989, c. 744, s. 1; 1993, c. 336, s. 2; 1997‑443, s. 11A.118(a).)