§ 135-48.52. General limitations and exclusions.
The Plan shall not provide coverage for or pay any benefits for any of the following:
(1) Charges to the extent paid, or which the individual is entitled to have paid, or to obtain without cost, in accordance with any government laws or regulations except Medicare. If a charge is made to any such person which he or she is legally required to pay, any benefits under this Plan will be computed in accordance with its provisions, taking into account only such charge. "Any government" includes the federal, State, provincial, or local government, or any political subdivision thereof, of the United States, Canada, or any other country.
(2) Charges for services rendered in connection with any occupational injury or disease arising out of and in the course of employment with any employer, if (i) the employer furnishes, pays for or provides reimbursement for such charges, or (ii) the employer makes a settlement payment for such charges, or (iii) the person incurring such charges waives or fails to assert his or her rights respecting such charges.
(3) Charges for any services rendered as a result of injury or sickness due to an act of war, declared or undeclared, which act shall have occurred after the effective date of a person's coverage under the Plan.
(4) Charges for any services with respect to which there is no legal obligation to pay. For the purposes of this item, any charge which exceeds the charge that would have been made if a person were not covered under this Plan shall, to the extent of such excess, be treated as a charge for which there is no legal obligation to pay; and any charge made by any person for anything which is normally or customarily furnished by such person without payment from the recipient or user thereof shall also be treated as a charge for which there is no legal obligation to pay.
(5) Charges during a continuous hospital confinement which commenced prior to the effective date of the person's coverage under this Plan.
(6) Charges for services unless a claim is filed within 18 months from the date of service.
(7) Charges for sexual dysfunction or hair growth drugs or for nonmedically necessary drugs used for cosmetic purposes. (2011-85, s. 2.10.)