§ 143B-437.71. One North Carolina Fund established as a special revenue fund.
(a) Establishment. - The One North Carolina Fund is established as a special revenue fund in the Department of Commerce.
(b) Purposes. - Moneys in the One North Carolina Fund may only be allocated pursuant to this subsection. Moneys may be allocated to local governments for use in connection with securing commitments for the recruitment, expansion, or retention of new and existing businesses and to the One North Carolina Small Business Account created pursuant to subsection (c) of this section in an amount not to exceed three million dollars ($3,000,000). Moneys in the One North Carolina Fund allocated to local governments shall be used for the following purposes only:
(1) Installation or purchase of equipment.
(2) Structural repairs, improvements, or renovations to existing buildings to be used for expansion.
(3) Construction of or improvements to new or existing water, sewer, gas, or electric utility distribution lines or equipment for existing buildings.
(4) Construction of or improvements to new or existing water, sewer, gas, or electric utility distribution lines or equipment for new or proposed buildings to be used for manufacturing and industrial operations.
(5) Any other purposes specifically provided by an act of the General Assembly.
(b1) Awards. - The amounts committed in Governor's Letters issued in a single fiscal year may not exceed fourteen million dollars ($14,000,000).
(c) There is created in the One North Carolina Fund a special account, the One North Carolina Small Business Account, to be used for the North Carolina SBIR/STTR Incentive Program and the North Carolina SBIR/STTR Matching Funds Program, as specified in Part 2I of Article 10 of Chapter 143B of the General Statutes. (2004-88, s. 1(d); 2005-276, s. 13.14(a); 2006-162, s. 19; 2012-142, s. 13.6(b).)