(a) The Board may, consistent with the provisions of Chapter 150B of the General Statues, refuse to grant or to renew, suspend, or revoke the license of any person licensed under this Chapter who:
(1) Violates the provisions of this Chapter or a rule adopted by the Board.
(2) Has been convicted of a misdemeanor under this Chapter.
(3) Has been convicted of a felony.
(4) Has been found by the Board to have engaged in unprofessional conduct, dishonest practice, incompetence, fraud or deceit in obtaining a license, or who aids another person who obtains or attempts to obtain a license by fraud or deceit.
(b) In lieu of revoking a license, the Board may enter a probationary order and assess a civil penalty not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000). In determining the amount of a penalty under this section, the Board shall consider the following factors:
(1) The degree and extent of harm to the natural resources of the State, to the public health, or to private property resulting from the violation.
(2) The duration and gravity of the violation.
(3) The effect on water quality.
(4) The cost of rectifying the damage.
(5) The cost to the State of enforcement procedures.
(6) The prior record of the violator in complying or failing to comply with this Chapter or a rule adopted pursuant to this Chapter. (1995, c. 414, s. 1.)