An applicant shall be certified by the Department as an assisted living administrator if the applicant meets all of the following qualifications:
(1) Is at least 21 years old.
(2) Provides a satisfactory criminal background report from the State Repository of Criminal Histories, which shall be provided by the State Bureau of Investigation upon its receiving fingerprints from the applicant. If the applicant has been a resident of this State for less than five years, the applicant shall provide a satisfactory criminal background report from both the State and National Repositories of Criminal Histories.
(3) Successfully completes the equivalent of two years of coursework at an accredited college or university or has a combination of education and experience as approved by the Department.
(4) Successfully completes a Department approved administrator-in-training program of at least 120 hours of study in courses relating to assisted living residences.
(5) Successfully completes a written examination administered by the Department. (1999-443, s. 1.)