§ 90A‑46. Definitions.
The following definitions shall apply throughout this Article:
(1) "Commercial water pollution control system operating firm" means a person who contracts to operate a water pollution control system for any person who holds a permit for a water pollution control system, other than an employee of the permittee.
(2) "Commission" means the Water Pollution Control System Operators Certification Commission.
(3) "Waste" has the same meaning as in G.S. 143‑213.
(4) "Operator" means a person who holds a currently valid certificate as a water pollution control system operator issued by the Commission under rules adopted pursuant to this Article.
(5) "Operator in responsible charge" means the person designated by a person owning or having control of a water pollution control system as the operator of record of the water pollution control system and who has primary responsibility for the operation of such system.
(6) "Water pollution control system" means a system for the collection, treatment, or disposal of waste for which a permit is required under rules adopted by either the North Carolina Environmental Management Commission or the Commission for Public Health. (1991, c. 623, s. 13; 2007‑182, s. 2.)