GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA
SESSION LAW 2017-154
HOUSE BILL 120
AN ACT to add national guard members, employees, and retirees to the list of individuals eligible to purchase from correction enterprises.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
SECTION 1. G.S. 148‑132 reads as rewritten:
"§ 148‑132. Distribution of products and services.
The Section of Correction Enterprises of the Division of Adult Correction is empowered and authorized to market and sell products and services produced by Correction Enterprises to any of the following entities:
(1) Any public agency or institution owned, managed, or controlled by the State.
(2) Any county, city, or town in this State.
(3) Any federal, state, or local public agency or institution in any other state of the union.
(4) An entity or organization that has tax‑exempt status pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Products purchased by an entity pursuant to this subdivision may not be resold.
(5) Any current employee or
retiree of the State of North
CarolinaCarolina, member, employee, or
retiree of the North Carolina National Guard, or of a unit of local
government of this State, verified through federal or State‑issued
identification, or through proof of retirement status, but purchases by a State
employee or retiree, National Guard member, employee, or retiree, or local
governmental employee or retiree may not exceed two thousand five hundred
dollars ($2,500) during any calendar year. Products purchased by State
employees or retirees, National Guard members, employees or retirees, and
local governmental employees and retirees under this section may not be resold.
(6) Private contractors when the goods purchased will be used to perform work under a contract with a public agency."
SECTION 2. This act is effective when it becomes law.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 26th day of June, 2017.
s/ Daniel J. Forest
President of the Senate
s/ Tim Moore
Speaker of the House of Representatives
s/ Roy Cooper
Approved 10:10 a.m. this 21st day of July, 2017