(a) An appeal may be taken from:
(1) An order denying an application to compel arbitration made under G.S. 1-567.38;
(2) An order granting an application to stay arbitration made under G.S. 1-567.38;
(3) An order confirming or denying confirmation of an award;
(4) An order modifying or correcting an award;
(5) An order vacating an award without directing a rehearing; or
(6) A judgment or decree entered pursuant to the provisions of this Article.
(b) The appeal shall be taken in the manner and to the same extent as from orders or judgments in a civil action. (1991, c. 292, s. 1.)