Filing of Declarations of Estimated Income Tax and Installment Payments of Estimated Income Tax by Corporations.
§ 105-163.38. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Article, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Code. - Defined in G.S. 105-228.90.
(1a) Corporation. - Defined in section 7701 of the Code.
(2) Estimated tax. - The amount of income tax the corporation estimates as the amount imposed by Article 4 for the taxable year.
(3) Fiscal year. - An accounting period of 12 months ending on the last day of any month other than December.
(4) Secretary. - The Secretary of Revenue.
(5) Taxable year. - The calendar year or fiscal year used as a basis to determine net income under Article 4. If no fiscal year has been established, "fiscal year" means the calendar year. In the case of a return made for a fractional part of the year under Article 4, or under rules prescribed by the Secretary, "taxable year" means the period for which the return is made. (1959, c. 1259, s. 1A; 1973, c. 476, s. 193; 1983, c. 713, s. 86; 1989 (Reg. Sess., 1990), c. 984, s. 15; 1991 (Reg. Sess., 1992), c. 922, s. 8; 1993, c. 12, s. 10.)