§ 130A-33.43. Minority Health Advisory Council.
There is established the Minority Health Advisory Council in the Department. The Council shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) To make recommendations to the Governor and the Secretary aimed at improving the health status of North Carolina's minority populations;
(2) To identify and examine the limitations and problems associated with existing laws, regulations, programs and services related to the health status of North Carolina's minority populations;
(3) To examine the financing and access to health services for North Carolina's minority populations;
(4) To identify and review health promotion and disease prevention strategies relating to the leading causes of death and disability among minority populations; and
(5) To advise the Governor and the Secretary upon any matter which the Governor or Secretary may refer to it. (1991 (Reg. Sess., 1992), c. 900, s. 166; 1997-443, s. 11A.73.)