§ 130A-45.01. Definitions.
As used in this Part, unless otherwise specified:
(1) "Authority service area" means the area within the boundaries of the authority as provided for in G.S. 130A-45.4.
(2) "Board" means a public health authority board created under this Part.
(3) "County" means the county which is, or is about to be, included in the territorial boundaries of a public health authority when created hereunder.
(4) "County board of commissioners" means the legislative body charged with governing the county.
(5) "Department" means the Department of Health and Human Services.
(6) "Federal government" means the United States of America, or any agency, instrumentality, corporate or otherwise, of the United States of America.
(7) "Government" means the State and federal governments and any subdivision, agency, or instrumentality, corporate or otherwise, of either of them.
(8) "Public health authority" means a public body and a body corporate and politic organized under the provisions of this Part.
(9) "Public health facility" means any one or more buildings, structures, additions, extensions, improvements, or other facilities, whether or not located on the same site or sites, machinery, equipment, furnishings or other real or personal property suitable for providing public health services; and includes, without limitation, local public health departments or centers; public health clinics and outpatient facilities; nursing homes, including skilled nursing facilities and intermediate care facilities, adult care homes for the aged and disabled; public health laboratories; administration buildings, central service and other administrative facilities; communication, computer and other electronic facilities; pharmaceutical facilities; storage space; vehicular parking lots and other such public health facilities, customarily under the jurisdiction of or provided by public health departments, or any combination of the foregoing, with all necessary, convenient or related interests in land, machinery, apparatus, appliances, equipment, furnishings, appurtenances, site preparation, landscaping, and physical amenities.
(10) "Real property" means lands, lands under water, structures, and any and all easements, franchises and incorporeal hereditaments and every estate and right therein, legal and equitable, including terms for years and liens by way of judgment, mortgage or otherwise.
(11) "State" means the State of North Carolina. (1997-502, s. 1.)