§ 131D-28.  Civil action.

Every resident shall have the right to institute a civil action for injunctive relief to enforce the provisions of this Article.  The Department of Health and Human Services, a general guardian, or any person appointed ad litem pursuant to law, may institute an action pursuant to this section on behalf of the resident or residents.  Any agency or person above named may enforce the rights of the resident specified in G.S. 131D-21 which the resident himself is unable to enforce. (1981, c. 923, s. 1; 1997-443, s. 11A.118(a).)