Part 18. North Carolina Board of Science, Technology, and Innovation.
§ 143B-472.80. North Carolina Board of Science, Technology, and Innovation; creation; powers and duties.
The North Carolina Board of Science, Technology, and Innovation of the Department of Commerce is created. The Board has the following powers and duties:
(1) To identify, and to support and foster the identification of, important research needs of both public and private agencies, institutions and organizations in North Carolina that relate to the State's economic growth and development;
(2) To make recommendations concerning policies, procedures, organizational structures and financial requirements that will promote effective use of scientific and technological resources in fulfilling the research needs identified and that will promote the economic growth and development of North Carolina;
(3) To allocate funds available to the Board to support research projects, to purchase research equipment and supplies, to construct or modify research facilities, to employ consultants, and for other purposes necessary or appropriate in discharging the duties of the Board;
(4) To advise and make recommendations to the Governor, the General Assembly, the Secretary of Commerce, and any North Carolina nonprofit corporation with which the Department of Commerce contracts pursuant to G.S. 143B-431.01 on the role of science, technology, and innovation in the economic growth and development of North Carolina.
(5) Repealed by Session Laws 2009-451, s. 14.5(g), effective July 1, 2009. (1973, c. 1262, s. 77; 1977, c. 198, ss. 2, 26; 1979, c. 668, s. 1; 1985, c. 757, s. 179(a), (c); 2001-424, s. 7.6; 2001-486, s. 2.21; 2003-210, s. 1; 2005-276, s. 13.15; 2005-345, s. 25; 2009-451, s. 14.5(g); 2014-18, s. 2.1.)