Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the following words have the listed meanings:
(1) Appeal. - When used in a general context, the term "appeal" also includes appellate review upon writ of certiorari.
(1a) Attorney of Record. - An attorney who, under Article 4 of this Chapter, Entry and Withdrawal of Attorney in Criminal Case, has entered a criminal proceeding and has not withdrawn.
(2) Clerk. - Any clerk of superior court, acting clerk, or assistant or deputy clerk.
(3) District Court. - The District Court Division of the General Court of Justice.
(4) District Attorney. - The person elected and currently serving as district attorney in his prosecutorial district.
(4a) Entry of Judgment. - Judgment is entered when sentence is pronounced. Prayer for judgment continued upon payment of costs, without more, does not constitute the entry of judgment.
(5) Judicial Official. - A magistrate, clerk, judge, or justice of the General Court of Justice.
(6) Officer. - Law-enforcement officer.
(7) Prosecutor. - The district attorney, any assistant district attorney or any other attorney designated by the district attorney to act for the State or on behalf of the district attorney.
(8) State. - The State of North Carolina, all land or water in respect to which the State of North Carolina has either exclusive or concurrent jurisdiction, and the airspace above that land or water. "Other state" means any state or territory of the United States, the District of Columbia or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
(9) Superior Court. - The Superior Court Division of the General Court of Justice.
(10) Superior Court Judge. - A superior court judge who has jurisdiction pursuant to G.S. 7A-47.1 or G.S. 7A-48 in the district or set of districts as defined in G.S. 7A-41.1.
(11) Vehicle. - Aircraft, watercraft, or landcraft or other conveyance. (1973, c. 1286, s. 1; 1975, c. 166, s. 2; 1977, c. 711, s. 19; 1987 (Reg. Sess., 1988), c. 1037, s. 52; 1997-456, s. 27.)