§ 65-43.5. Reinterment.
(a) The remains of a qualified veteran or the remains of an eligible family member may be moved to a State veterans cemetery for reinterment, at no cost to the State, when the following conditions are satisfied:
(1) The superintendent of the State veterans cemetery has been presented with proof of eligibility in accordance with G.S. 65-43.2;
(2) The reinterment is requested in writing and filed with the Program Manager of veterans cemeteries, the Assistant Secretary for Veterans Affairs, or the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs;
(3) The request for reinterment contains the notarized signatures of the veteran or his legal representative, all living immediate family members, and any other interested living family member;
(4) The request for reinterment contains a statement of the circumstances and reasons for reinterment; and
(5) The funeral director has obtained all necessary permits for reinterment.
(b) If permission for reinterment is granted, an agreement shall be entered into between the veteran or his living representative, all living immediate family members, and any interested living family members, and the Assistant Secretary of Veterans Affairs. (1987 (Reg. Sess., 1988), c. 1051, s. 1; 2015-241, s. 24.1(q); 2015-268, s. 7.3(a).)