§ 7A-771. Definitions.
As used in this Article:
(1) Recodified as subdivision (3b) by Session Laws 1999-306, s. 1, effective January 1, 2000.
(2) Recodified as subdivision (3a) by Session Laws 1999-306, s. 1, effective January 1, 2000.
(2a) "Director" means the Director of Indigent Defense Services.
(3) Repealed by Session Laws 1999-306, s. 1, effective January 1, 2000.
(3a) "Sentencing plan" means a plan presented in writing to the sentencing judge which provides a detailed assessment and description of the offender's background, including available information about past criminal activity, a matching of the specific offender's needs with available resources, and, if appropriate, the program's recommendations regarding an intermediate sentence.
(3b) "Sentencing services program" means an agency or State-run office within the superior court district which shall (i) prepare sentencing plans; (ii) arrange or contract with public and private agencies for necessary services for offenders; and (iii) assist offenders in initially obtaining services ordered as part of a sentence entered pursuant to a sentencing plan, if the assistance is not available otherwise.
(4) Repealed by Session Laws 1991, c. 566, s. 4.
(4a) "Superior court district" means a superior court district established by G.S. 7A-41 for those districts consisting of one or more entire counties, and otherwise means the applicable set of districts as that term is defined in G.S. 7A-41.1.
(5) Repealed by Session Laws 1999-306, s. 1, effective January 1, 2000. (1983, c. 909, s. 1; 1989, c. 770, s. 58; 1991, c. 566, ss. 2, 4; 1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 767, s. 14; 1995, c. 324, s. 21.9(c); 1997-57, s. 5; 1999-306, s. 1; 2002-126, s. 14.7(d).)