§ 7B-3501. Petition.
The petition shall be signed and verified by the petitioner and shall contain the following information:
(1) The full name of the petitioner and the petitioner's birth date, and state and county of birth;
(2) A certified copy of the petitioner's birth certificate;
(3) The name and last known address of the parent, guardian, or custodian;
(4) The petitioner's address and length of residence at that address;
(5) The petitioner's reasons for requesting emancipation; and
(6) The petitioner's plan for meeting the petitioner's needs and living expenses which plan may include a statement of employment and wages earned that is verified by the petitioner's employer. (1979, c. 815, s. 1; 1998-202, s. 6.)