§ 89G-1. Definitions.
The following definitions apply in this Chapter:
(1) Board. - The North Carolina Irrigation Contractors' Licensing Board.
(1a) Business entity. - A corporation, association, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or other legal entity that is not an individual or a foreign entity.
(1b) Foreign corporation. - Defined in G.S. 55-1-40.
(1c) Foreign entity. - A foreign corporation, a foreign limited liability company, or a foreign partnership.
(1d) Foreign limited liability company. - Defined in G.S. 57C-1-03.
(1e) Foreign partnership. - One of the following that does not have a permanent place of business in this State:
a. A foreign limited partnership as defined in G.S. 59-102.
b. A general partnership formed under the laws of a jurisdiction other than this State.
(2) Irrigation construction or irrigation contracting. - The act of providing services as an irrigation contractor for compensation or other consideration.
(3) Irrigation contractor. - Any person who, for compensation or other consideration, constructs, installs, expands, services, or repairs irrigation systems.
(4) Irrigation system. - All piping, fittings, sprinklers, drip tubing, valves, control wiring of 30 volts or less, and associated components installed for the delivery and application of water for the purpose of irrigation that are downstream of a well, pond or other surface water, potable water or groundwater source, or grey water source and downstream of a backflow prevention assembly. Surface water, potable water or groundwater sources, water taps, utility piping, water service lines, water meters, backflow prevention assemblies, stormwater systems that service only the interior of a structure, and sanitary drainage systems are not part of an irrigation system.
(4a) Nonresident individual. - An individual who is not a resident of this State.
(5) Person. - An individual, firm, partnership, association, corporation, or other legal entity. (2008-177, s. 1; 2013-383, s. 1.)