NORTH CAROLINA SENATE PAGE PROGRAM
In order to be a Senate Page, you must:
When to Apply
- Be between the ages of 15 (or 14 and currently in the ninth grade) and 18 years old
- Be sponsored by a member of the North Carolina Senate (accomplished through the application process described below)
- Be in good academic standing at school
- Have prior approval by the principal of your school if you are appointed to serve as a page during the school year
How to Apply
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all positions for the session are full.
- The Home page will reflect when applications are no longer being accepted.
Notification of Appointment
- Contact your senator to request an application as they are not available online or through the Page Office. Contact information for each senator is available on his or her web page.
Contact Your Senator.
- It is preferred that you contact the senator representing the district in which you live.
Find Your Senator
- Return your completed application to your senator for his or her consideration.
- The selection process is quite competitive and not all who apply will be appointed. Each senator has his or her own criteria which they use to select pages for appointment by the Senate President Pro Tempore.
The student will receive notification of his or her appointment status via letter.
If appointed, the student will receive an official letter of appointment from the Senate President Pro Tempore
along with a packet including all necessary information and materials.
North Carolina Senate Page Office • Legislative Building • Room 1029 • Raleigh, NC 27601-2808 • 919-733-5702