GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA
SENATE JOINT RESOLUTION 784
A JOINT RESOLUTION adjourning the 2011 regular session of the general assembly to a date certain and limiting the matters that may be considered upon reconvening.
Be it resolved by the Senate, the House of Representatives concurring:
SECTION 1. When the Senate and the House of Representatives adjourn on Saturday, June 18, 2011, they stand adjourned to reconvene on Wednesday, July 13, 2011, at 12:00 noon.
SECTION 2. During the regular session that reconvenes on Wednesday, July 13, 2011, only the following matters may be considered:
a. Revising the Senate districts and the apportionment of Senators among those districts and containing no other matter.
b. Revising the Representative districts and the apportionment of Representatives among those districts and containing no other matter.
c. Revising the districts for the election of members of the House of Representatives of the Congress of the United States and the apportionment of Representatives among those districts and containing no other matter.
(2) Bills returned by the Governor with her objections under Section 22 of Article II of the Constitution of North Carolina, but solely for the purpose of considering overriding of the veto upon reconsideration of the bill.
(3) Filling of vacancies on the State Board of Community Colleges in accordance with G.S. 115D-2.1(b)(4)e.
(4) Bills in which the General Assembly makes an appointment or appointments to public office and which contain no other matter.
(5) Bills relating to election laws.
(5a) Adoption of conference reports for bills which were in conference as of Saturday, June 18, 2011 and conferees had been appointed by both houses as of that date.
(6) A joint resolution further adjourning the 2011 Regular Session to a date certain.
SECTION 3. The House Committee on Redistricting and the Senate Committee on Redistricting may meet during the interim under Section 1 of this act, and any other standing committee or select committee may meet during the interim if authorized by the Speaker or President Pro Tempore pursuant to G.S. 120-19.6.
SECTION 4. This resolution is effective upon ratification.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 18th day of June, 2011.
Philip E. Berger
President Pro Tempore of the Senate
Speaker of the House of Representatives