§ 143-214.8. Division of Mitigation Services: established.
The Division of Mitigation Services is established within the Department of Environmental Quality. The Division of Mitigation Services shall be developed by the Department as a nonregulatory statewide mitigation services program for the acquisition, maintenance, restoration, enhancement, and creation of wetland and riparian resources that contribute to the protection and improvement of water quality, flood prevention, fisheries, wildlife habitat, and recreational opportunities. The Division of Mitigation Services shall consist of the following components:
(1) Restoration and perpetual maintenance of wetlands.
(2) Development of restoration plans.
(3) Landowner contact and land acquisition.
(4) Evaluation of site plans and engineering studies.
(5) Oversight of construction and monitoring of restoration sites.
(6) Land ownership and management.
(7) Mapping, site identification, and assessment of wetlands functions.
(8) Oversight of private wetland mitigation banks to facilitate the components of the Division of Mitigation Services.
(9) Restoration and monitoring of projects or land acquisitions that create or restore flood storage capacity. (1996, 2nd Ex. Sess., c. 18, s. 27.4(a); 1997-443, s. 11A.119(a); 2005-386, s. 3.1; 2015-1, s. 4.1; 2015-241, s. 14.30(u); 2020-79, s. 11A(a).)