§ 143C-4-3. (Repealed effective July 1, 2019) Repairs and Renovations Reserve.
(a) Creation and Source of Funds. - The Repairs and Renovations Reserve is established as a reserve in the General Fund. The State Controller shall reserve to the Repairs and Renovations Reserve one-fourth of any unreserved fund balance, as determined on a cash basis, remaining in the General Fund at the end of each fiscal year.
(b) Use of Funds. - The funds in the Repairs and Renovations Reserve shall be used only for the repair and renovation of (i) State facilities and related infrastructure that are supported from the General Fund or (ii) Department of Information Technology facilities and related infrastructure. Funds from the Repairs and Renovations Reserve shall be used only for the following types of projects:
(1) Roof repairs and replacements;
(2) Structural repairs;
(3) Repairs and renovations to meet federal and State standards;
(4) Repairs to or installation of new electrical, plumbing, and heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning systems;
(5) Improvements to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq., as amended;
(6) Improvements to meet fire safety needs;
(7) Improvements to existing facilities for energy efficiency;
(8) Improvements to remove asbestos, lead paint, and other contaminants, including the removal and replacement of underground storage tanks;
(9) Improvements and renovations to improve use of existing space;
(10) Historical restoration;
(11) Improvements to roads, walks, drives, utilities infrastructure; and
(12) Drainage and landscape improvements.
(13) Building demolition.
Funds from the Repairs and Renovations Reserve shall not be used for new construction or the expansion of the building area (sq. ft.) of an existing facility unless required in order to comply with federal or State codes or standards.
(c) Use of Funds. - Funds Available Only Upon Appropriation. - Funds reserved to the Repairs and Renovations Reserve shall be available for expenditure only upon an act of appropriation by the General Assembly.
(d) Allocation and Reallocation of Funds for Particular Projects. - Any funds in the Repairs and Renovations Reserve that are allocated to the Board of Governors of The University of North Carolina or to the Office of State Budget and Management may be allocated or reallocated by those agencies for repairs and renovations projects so long as all of the following conditions are satisfied:
(1) Any project that receives an allocation or reallocation satisfies the requirements of subsection (b) of this section.
(2) If the allocation or reallocation of funds from one project to another under this section is two million five hundred thousand dollars ($2,500,000) or more for a particular project, the Office of State Budget and Management or the Board of Governors, as appropriate, consults with the Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations prior to the expenditure or reallocation.
(3) If the allocation or reallocation of funds from one project to another under this section is less than two million five hundred thousand dollars ($2,500,000) for a particular project, the allocation or reallocation of funds is reported to the Joint Legislative Commission on Governmental Operations within 60 days of the expenditure or reallocation.
(e) Repealed by Session Laws 2013-360, s. 6.12(l), effective July 1, 2013. (2006-203, s. 3; 2011-145, s. 30.11(a); 2012-142, s. 26.11; 2013-360, ss. 6.12(l), 36.5(d); 2015-241, s. 7A.3; 2016-94, s. 37.5.)